Saturday, December 5, 2015

Park City's new mountain lodge

Park City resort just built a brand new mid-mountain lodge. It's called “Miners Camp” and it will replace the former Snow Hut.

Yesterday, as Silverlode opened up for the season, I skied down to Miners Camp, that is located next to the base of the Silverlode Lift and the brand new Quicksilver Gondola terminal that will connect Park City to what used to be Canyons resort. 
I had seen renditions of the building before, so I wasn't shocked when I saw its finished, exterior architecture. I wasn't impressed as I never liked the overall design. It just looked like a place where I'd come for an oil change, have my tires rotated or perhaps wash my car. 
This said, I took the time to step inside; boy, was I impressed when I saw the the expansive place, soaked in natural lights and opened up to the mountain views. The place is huge with 500 indoor seats, a nice bar area and – I'm told - a state of the art kitchen.

No wonder why one little serving of French fries is a whooping $7.00!

No comments: