Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Ski World Cup Finals

Like many other viewers, I enjoyed the last Aspen ski races and while I don't know who set the thermostat so high, the quality of the show under the Colorado sun made the series one to remember...

What was my take-away? Not just one, in fact, but very many: 
I like the fact that they were a lot of upsets and I'll never forget the tremendous performance of the Italian women's team, the continued strength of the Austrian men, the ascent of Slovenian and Slovak athletes, the strength of the Swedish technical guys, some promising Swiss newcomers, and the winners of the various globes winners.

I can just lament about the feeble American team (Shiffrin excepted) and the French women's as well (Worley excepted)... Well, many athletes have their work cut out for them this summer!

No comments: