Monday, March 27, 2017

The (real) art of the deal

I have yet to read “The Art of the Deal” that best seller Trump has had written for him back in 1987 by Tony Schwartz. I plan to read it as soon as possible, because I can't understand that a self-proclaimed sales or business guru like Trump would fail at repealing and replacing Obamacare as he did a few days ago.

Maybe when I'll read his famous book, I'll change my mind about what selling is all about.

That's true, I've always thought that successful selling (or deal-making for that matter) began by listening to the customers, always doing one's very best to be polite and considerate with clients, always looking forward to establishing a strong and lasting rapport and, as much possible always attempting to hide one's ego and arrogance.

To me any other for behavior was that of a jerk, but again, once I've read the masterpiece I might be proven wrong!

No comments: