Saturday, October 14, 2017

KLM's toxic food

In case you didn't know it, the “KLM” acronym, means Koninklijke Luchtvaart Maatschappij, which simply put, stands for Royal Dutch Airlines. Sound good, except that the food they serve on some of their flight is downright poisonous.

When we flew KLM from Nice to Amsterdam on our way back to America, the flag carrier airline of the Netherlands served us cheese sandwiches for breakfast that were not really attractive. My wife took a bite of it and tossed it away. I was hungry and ate the whole thing, not knowing that sometime later that Dutch delicacy would strike me with a vengeance.

You could think that KLM's recent merger with Air France would have had a positive influence on the airline culinary style, but apparently not. Upon my return home, I got food poisoning so severe that I thought I would die.

Since I'm writing this, I did survive it, but enough to remember never again to fly KLM or eat their spoiled food.

Better yet, regardless of the airline we'll fly in the future, we'll a point to pack up our food before boarding. Don't we learn something new everyday?

No comments: