Friday, July 27, 2018

Facebook update

While I was using it, I was an unconditional fan and a staunch proponent of Facebook. I couldn't see, hear or speak any evil about the social media platform.

On March 22, however, I decided to suspend my account and it's now been more than 4 months that I am no longer the slave of that highly addictive tool.

This said, I admit that I've since briefly re-entered Facebook about 10 times and spent no more than 20 minutes total to check-out that parallel universe, but as of today, my access is still suspended and the only tool I use (rarely) is its own Messenger.

The net result is that my dwindling voyeurism has probably saved me at least 60 hours of my precious time and perhaps much more...

Suffice to say that I'm better for it and intend to maintain that “suspension” as I haven't yet found the sheer courage to completely pull the plug on this vicious invention. 
Oh, by the way, I might not be the only one reneging on Zuckerberg's baby, as its stock plunged almost 20% yesterday after the market closed, and lost a whopping $120 billion in valuation!

No comments: