Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Who do you fear, God, Putin, Trump?

Well, I don't fear God, because I'm convinced there's one, at least in the way most folks represent it. Further, if as it proclaims, it is all about love, what would there be to fear from it? I'm sure Putin pretends he fears God as lying and hypocrisy come as a standard package with membership in the KGB.

Then who fears Putin? Not me, because I don't live in the totalitarian state of Russia, nor did I seek refuge abroad from Russia, and I'm not loud enough from distant America to criticize the tyrant. The man who fears Putin, however, is Donald Trump. The way our “fake” president behaves when he's around Vladimir, shows he's got something big to hide.

This leaves Trump. Do I fear him? Not really; I've never been impressed by bullies and have always stood up to them. There's just one group of people I'm afraid of, however, and that's the millions of terrible individuals that voted for him or somehow still support him.

As have said before, these deplorable people fall in one of four categories:
  1. Mean-spirited, hypocrite and extremists 
  2. Gullible, that is, believing in unrealistic and simplistic political or religious promises 
  3. Lacking any form of common sense and decent judgment (I sometimes call them idiots) 
  4. Any combination of these terrible four traits.

No comments: