Tuesday, August 28, 2018

Faith and me

I've always been perplexed by faith. Sure, there are different kinds of faiths, so let's focus on the main ones:

First the faith in people and things, like “I'm 99.99% confident that when I wake up tomorrow, the earth will still be spinning...” or something like “I'm 67% sure that Tesla will succeed in spite of all the productions difficulties it faces at the moment.”

Then, there is religious faith, which represents a strong belief in God or in the doctrines of a religion, based on spiritual apprehension rather than proof. I'm not so good in that category and my faith levels are all over the places.

For instance, I have 0% faith in life after death, but still believe at 99% in the law of Karma.

While you're in the mood, take the test and ask yourself the same questions!

Okay, there are also absolutes, like 100%. Do you believe for instant in death and taxes, as we say in America? I'd voice a 100% faith level on both counts. Okay, if find it hard to believe, you might only need a little more faith...

Which brings me to today's question; how is your faith going: Strong? Weak? In-between?

No comments: