Sunday, August 26, 2018

Got mail!

A few days ago, I received a small size letter stuffed with goodies. Except for junk mail, a few utility bills, hearing aids and mortuary solicitations, there isn't special or precious landing inside my mailbox.

When I opened the envelope, I discovered a card, a bunch of stickers and a patch, all congratulating me for achieving “Trail Master” status for the 2018-19 ski season.

I happened to be one of 106 SeniorsSkiing.com readers for which the number of days skied at least equaled or surpassed their number of years (I scored 108 and am significantly younger than that number).

I don't know where they got that information; probably by asking ski resorts' stats as they relate to their season pass holders.

The website is targeted at skiers over 50 years of age and, while I don't read it that often, its content deals on “mature” topics like I guess, incontinence on the slopes, frozen-stiff limbs, and things along these lines...

No comments: