Monday, August 13, 2018

The dawning of the age of prudence

Recently, (in fact, ever since I've been retired), I have experienced a number of accidents that have taught me some invaluable lessons about personal preservation.

What some could have mistaken for some form of death-wish on my part, has progressively morphed into a milder case of searching for the adrenaline rush.

As my time on this planet is running out, I'm suddenly valuing a healthy body much more than before and would like to make it last as long as it reasonably can.

Getting to my seventies has finally ushered me into the age of prudence and measured thrills.

Stopping doing something we love, just because it's dangerous, should never be up for negotiation, and we can keep on doing activities we love for as long as we can, by gradually reducing their intensity.

It's called being more careful.

No comments: