Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Testing a Tesla

Yesterday, I finally test-drove a Tesla. Not a large and expensive “S” model, but just a smaller “3”.

My first impression in getting inside what how minimalist everything was. No dials, no buttons, just a large screen that does everything, but provides for an intimidating the overall impression, at least at first sight.
Once inside, fully strapped, adjusted and behind the wheel, the first impression I got, as I engaged the car into drive, was the total silence and when we climbed the freeway ramp, the acceleration was out of my slow world.

The car handled beautifully, the seat was very comfortable and I liked the car a whole lot. I was disappointed that the car wasn't a hatchback like the “S”, but that not a big deal.

Will it become my next set of wheels? Quite probably, but I still want to think a little about it.

An instant purchase for such a big ticket-item wouldn't be me!

No comments: