Monday, October 15, 2018

Welcome back to Japan!

I had not set foot in Japan for 24 years when we finally landed in Tokyo Narita, this past Sunday. I had been to Japan a dozen time before, but mostly on business.

This time I was delighted to take my wife along for her first trip to a country that I'm a fan of. All had gone well, until after clearing customs we realized that our Tour Operator contact person wasn't there.

A moment of panic set at the busy arrival area. I had not inserted my Japanese SIM card in my phone and couldn't reach the emergency contact person. I caught the airport WiFi, but for some reasons, couldn't make my Skype call.

Eventually, we found Kim, our guide for the trip, or rather she found us, in the process we also met two tour buddies and together, we got into the bus that took us to our airport hotel. Everything got back into place...

No comments: