Monday, July 8, 2019

Small projects, endless time...

“It will only take me a couple of hours”… We say this all the time, and at the end, the seemingly small project for which we allocated 120 minutes ends up taking half-a-day, a full one, or can even extend into a second day of struggel.

This is exactly what happened to me this weekend when I decided to replace the fluorescent tubes in my garage with much brighter, and yet a tad smaller, LED wrap lights.

Granted, I’m no electrician, but I ran into so many small problems that the two or tree hours I had budgeted for that seemingly trivial task extended well into a second day. That was not counting with the help of my wife who was instrumental in helping complete the job.

The offshoot of that time-trap was that I learned a lot in the process and will do much better next time!

No comments: