Wednesday, July 31, 2019

Please, help me vote!

Around July 25, we received the ballots for the Park City council primary vote that is slated for August 13.

There are 3 seats to be filled, with 2 incumbents and 7 candidates vying for the positions. Problem is, except for the 2 ladies that are running again, we have no idea who these candidates are, and for the 7 of them, what their platform is.

In order to understand whom we should vote for, we had to do some extensive research. Yesterday, I tried my luck with “Messenger”, the Facebook’s instant message program; even though I’m no longer on Facebook, I still use that tool occasionally, but none of the 7 candidate responded to my query.

Since I’m not one to give up easily, I had to dig out of the City’s archives in order to find the candidates registering documents, to obtain their email address. I have shot my questions to them, we’ll see who responds. Those who fail to answer won’t be considered at all.

That might sound harsh, but who said that democracy was an easy endeavor?

No comments: