Wednesday, July 24, 2019

Two-wheel safety concerns…

Last year, I fell from my road bike, hurt my right shoulder and broke four ribs. I had broken three other ribs before, while skiing, but that was in 2004, and that last time, instead of taking me six week to be back on my skis, I had to wait five full months to feel totally healed.

This accident threw ice water on my love for biking and, as a result I rode sparsely last year, so much so that I had not even sat on my bikes this year and it took my grandson visiting me this past weekend, along with his brand new road bike, to get me back in the saddle. I must report that all went well and after on two occasions with him no rib was broken or even bruised!

Today, I ran into that picture a Swiss friend just sent to me, that suggested a much safer way to ride a two-wheeler. I have to try this setup before summer is over. Can anyone spare a pair of used Vespa tires?

No comments: