Tuesday, March 10, 2020

Stilll good skiing at over 70?

So far – knock on wood – this ski season has been very good for me. No accident, no pain, yet much great skiing.

There are times when I can’t believe that I ski much better today than when I was 22. So, I pinch myself and ask, how is that still possible at 72?

The first answer to that rather broad question are obviously the new skis, but still, that doesn’t explain it all.

Then, there’s a lifetime of mileage on skis, of accidents, of near-misses and of experience gained over more than 45 million vertical feet. I’d say that next, is the obsessive passion that possesses me for the sport and that has always kept my interest burning very high.

Another reason is my continued desire to do better and always push the envelope, some very good genes, and finally, a life-long practice of physical exercise, that has retarded my bodily decline.

No comments: