Sunday, March 22, 2020

The truncated ski season

More than a week ago, our ski season came to screeching, complete stop.

On Sunday, March 15, I was scheduled to go skiing with my grand-son, but it didn’t happen.

This said, I had a great ski season, with 91 outings and more than 1,660,000 vertical to my credit, some fabulous snow days, a great physical shape and no accident.
I was on my way to have a record-breaking season, but have come to fully accept this early closure as a good thing that might slow down the spread of Covid-19.

In fact, it probably should have happened at the end of January, but this would have devastated the Park City economy. What is certain is that in America, we are flying blind, and have absolutely no idea how many people are infected with the damned virus.

For all that I don’t know, I might have it too. But now that the ski season is over, let’s think constructively; it’s now time to repair my skis!

No comments: