Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Finish what you start!

Immediately upon skiing being shut down for the season, I moved our skis down to my workshop in order to repair them following a fantastic, albeit shortened winter. I started with fixing the bases by filing the holes with a P-tex candle.

Many gouges I saw and repaired could be associated with great, reckless, but thrilling moments, in which consequences paled in comparison to another fleeting moment of fun. You know what I’m talking about.

Then, because of the coronavirus confinement, I became despondent and left the skis waiting for the rest of their rehab. My wife noticed it and kindly reminded me about that unfinished business.

Yesterday, I took the file and bravely sharpened the edges on one pair of ski. The rest should follow soon…

At the same time, a friend of mine sent me this message, meant as an internet joke:

“Heard Dr. on TV saying in this time of Coronavirus staying at home we should always finish things we start and we all could use more calm in our lives. 

I looked through my house to find things I’d started and hadn’t finished, so I finished off a bottle of Merlot, a bottle of Chardonnay, a bodle of Baileys, a butle of wum, that mainder of Valiumun srciptuns, and a box of chocletz. 

Yu haf no idr hw feckin fablus I feel rite now. Sned this to all who need inner pizz. An telum u luvum. Ant two hash yer wands, stafe day avrybobby!!!”

No comments: