Tuesday, March 30, 2021

Can my skiing still improve?

I don’t know if it's the same with you, but some days my skiing sucks, while some others it can really feel out of this world. 

Skiing is made of so many variables that no one day or one single experience is ever the same. Likewise, we sometimes feel that we ski like Gods while the next moment we ski like klutzes. 

This realization make me think, when all is good, both the conditions and my skiing form, that I truly ski better than half-a-century ago. 

Hard to believe, but true. For one thing, I certainly was trying harder, not striving to ski smoother 

The equipment certainly plays a big role in making me feel that way, but frequency, mileage, experience and pushing the envelope have had an undeniable effect, not just on maintaining my skiing form, but in making it ever sharper, better than what it was half a century ago. 

Let’s hope it continues, ha, ha!

No comments: