Monday, March 15, 2021

One year ago today...

Just a year ago, on a Sunday morning, we heard on the radio that Colorado was closing all of its ski resorts pursuant to and order from its Governor. 

That very morning, I was scheduled to go skiing with my grand-son, but at about the same moment I also learned that all Utah ski resorts were shutting down as well, so the outing was canceled

At first, the stoppage was planned for just one week and frankly, while I wasn’t sure ski operators would reopen for the reminder of that season. 

Yet, I was optimistic that with Spring and Summer coming, the virus would lose its potency and we’d soon be totally out of danger and life would return to normal. 

With almost 540,000 death in the US alone, and soon 3 million worldwide, I was also totally wrong!

No comments: