Tuesday, March 23, 2021

My new approach to skiing

As I grow older, I absolutely don’t want to get hurt and see my ski season come to an unwanted and premature end. I also know that healing, at my age, takes much longer. 

Falling is therefore not a desirable option and staying safe has become a priority, without becoming a constant an overbearing obsession, but this new outlook has made a measurable and positive difference for me this season. 

My other priority has been to prefer quality of skiing over quantity, be it speed, accumulated vertical drop or total days skied. 

Instead, I focus more on my technique, my skiing pleasure, the corrections I want to incorporate into my skiing, my efficiencies and learning or discovering new paths, new trails and better ways to ski down the mountain. 

Yet, I still continue to ski very challenging runs and trees for me, because I find it essential to stretch my skills and never stay with a bad experience without erasing it by doing over correctly! 

A true win-win proposition!

No comments: