Friday, March 5, 2021

Skiing “Indicator” at Jupiter

Recently, when I’m skiing, I’ve become less reluctant to spend time exploring and snooping around instead of just skiing like a machine. 

A few days ago, I had skied down “Six-Bells” the first time this season; it’s a small steep couloir (45 to 50 degrees) that sits on top of Jupiter ski runs and had noticed a rather significant opening, skier’s right from that particular narrow passage.

That passage, so to speak, is called “Indicator” and quite surprisingly, I had never tried to venture into it. 

So, the other day, I purposely plunged my skis into that unknown gully and quickly found out that the first part was very, very steep, something like 50 degrees. It was also tight, and even though I’m skiing on 180 cm skis, there wasn’t much wiggle room! 

It was rocky in the upper section too which forced me to proceed with caution and wiggle my way through some trees in order to protect my skis. I finally got to the bottom of it, and promised me to try it again when there will be a more abundant snow cover...

No comments: