Tuesday, March 9, 2021

My take on the Meghan & Harry's saga

On Sunday night, like millions of others, I invested two hours of my time, including one hour of commercials, to learn that Millennial and Monarchy don’t mix well. I know, Meghan Markle isn’t quite a true Millennial, but if you average her age and that of Prince Harry it works. 

So, I found out that Monarchy, that also is the torch bearer for colonialism is also still a hotbed for racism. I’m not surprised and while I feel sorry for Meghan to have been railroaded into that rotten deal by Prince Harry. That said, I’m confident they’ll survive the break with the Royals and will have a good life playing in their Santa Barbara chicken coop. 

This sad show showed me once more that the British Monarchy, like the Church of England it represents, are now obsolete and irrational institutions, that there is no “firm” or institution, but an old Queen and her stupid son who are marooned in tradition with their head stuck in the sand for lack of a better descriptor.

What was funny in the interview though, was the royal, if not godly role played by Oprah, the pope of pop culture, who unfortunately failed to ask Harry the quintessential question: “Do you see any future in the British Monarchy?”

No comments: