Friday, July 16, 2021

The sewer saga continues

As I was quietly sitting on my toilet, bothering no one, doing what I was doing, things suddenly began to rumble under me and soon, I thought I was dreaming that I was in Japan or that my wife had just purchased, unbeknownst to me, one of these “smart-toilet” from the land of the rising sun. 

Yes, not only did I got shaken, but also generously sprayed in the rear-end, and finally it downed on me that the “Sewer Patrol” was at it again! I dressed-up in a flash and dashed outdoors and ran around the bend to find two big trucks tinkering inside the man-hole of our block sewer system. 

I sure wasn’t kind to the man I talk to, or I should say screamed at, from the top of my lungs: “What in hell is wrong with you guys? What are you doing to the sewer pipes?” One of the two guys reeling a bunch of pipes into the sewer entry point told me: “We’re cleaning the pipe so another crew in a few weeks can put a protective lining inside…” 

The other fellow, was more aggressive and tried to turn the blame on me, Trump style, by saying: “You must not have the necessary valve system!” I replied that my house was almost brand new and built to code.

Then he mollified and admitted: “Things like this [sh...t] happen from time to time, and I’ll personally come clean any damage…” 

By the time they were finished and he showed up at the house, my wife had already cleaned all the bathrooms, so the man just had to sanitize them to remove the stench that by then, had invaded the whole house. 

This is now the third time this type of incident happens to us and I can guarantee you that the sewer company will hear from me when they open up this morning!

No comments: