Wednesday, July 21, 2021

Evening self-debriefing update

More than six month ago, I began a new year’s resolution by which, every evening, in lieu of religious prayer that I dutifully avoid, I conduct what I now call DSD (Direct Self Debriefing) as a personal exercise of introspection, critique, pat on the back if you will, and above-all, self-improvement system, based on what I have done during the course day. 

I’ve stuck with it since December 30, 2020, without missing one single day so far and it’s had a wonderful effect on me, as I take time to ponder all the good and bad things I accomplished in the course of 24 hours. 

This has led me to become more thoughtful about my actions, thoughts and their consequences at the moment I’m triggering them, since of course I will have to review them and ponder their consequences a few hours later.

Overall, I believe that it has had a wonderful and positive impact on my behavior. Eventually I will explain it in more details either on this blog a through a book. In the meantime, this was a wonderful decision as well as an enriching move. Now, I’m hooked and I will continue!

No comments: