Tuesday, April 19, 2022

Last ski day at Park City Mountain

Easter Sunday was closing day at Park City. Overnight, the mountain had received 3 inches of nasty “spring powder” that made turning a real challenge, but by me that meant even more fun during the three hours I was away from home. 

Once I was able to navigate that tricky snow skiing became pretty good, the mountain was literately empty and by 11:30 am I had skied more than 20,000 vertical feet. This was my 109th day of skiing representing a total vertical feet skied close to two million which made it my sixth best season on that basis.

Even though I removed the ski racks from my roof that afternoon, I reserve the right to ski one more time at Snowbird to get just over that two million number. 

I just need to convince my wife that it’s a worthwhile idea!

No comments: