Sunday, April 10, 2022

Who needs a new brand of ski?

I don’t, but that’s simply my humble opinion. 

I just learned that Bode Miller (the famous American ski racer) and Andy Wirth (a well know ski area operator) are launching, Peak, a new ski brand featuring 6 revolutionary all-mountain, high-performance skis. 

With my age advancing and my muscular power retreating, I could use a ski’s magic to reset my performance. This said, the 10,000 manufacturing facility in Montana’s cowboy country isn’t quite giving me the total confidence I need to make the switch.

Both principals are talking about their new “Keyhole” technology, let’s hear it from Bode: 

“ I learned years ago that a cutaway in front of the binding, unlocks the torsional performance of a ski. We’ve integrated this feature, calling it Keyhole Technology, into all our skis and it has yielded great results. After years of research, design, and experimentation and over three months of testing the 2022/23 line of skis here in Big Sky, Montana, I can verify that these skis rip…and we are just getting started.” 

Wow! That impressive to hear and would even be more impressive to ski on, but let me not get ahead of myself, I still have a brand-new pair of Dynastar waiting to be used in November of 2022...

No comments: