Tuesday, April 26, 2022

Very last ski day of the season

Since I was still shy of 2 million vertical feet worth of skiing for the entire winter season, I simply couldn’t put away my ski gear away and close the book on skiing for this year. 

I was still missing 37,321 feet, not a small number on account of my age and of the changing spring conditions, so this Monday, I drove to Snowbird to top it off.

The conditions were pretty good, following a generous snow storm over the weekend, and while only 3 lifts were still running, Peruvian, Mineral Basin and Little Cloud express chairs, the small crowd of fanatic skiers on the mountain were not a problem, nor were the lines at the lifts. 

I showed up at 9:30 am and left at 2:15 pm, after skiing 41,654 vertical feet that required some serious work, half on groomers, the rest on tricky fresh snow, making a real physical effort to bring my total vertical for the season over these so-important 2 million feet! 

It’s now time to repair the boards and forget about skiing for the next seven months...

No comments: