Wednesday, June 29, 2022

Courage in a banana republic

The surprise-sixth January 6 hearing showed us yesterday what I would call a lot of courage that I don’t quite know I’d be able to produce.

I’m talking of Ms. Cassidy Hutchinson, the former aide to President Donald J. Trump’s final chief of staff, Mark Meadows, who gave what might be a game-changing testimony. 

In what I call “Trump pre-trial hearings” that we all watched from beginning to end, we are chocked by Trump’s mafioso behavior and by the GOP’s “omerta.” Thanks to the rigor, ethics and honesty of some government employees to expose Trump’s monstrosity, we might see the man donning an orange jumpsuit. 

I just hope that this courageous young lady gets the physical protection she deserves, because in view of Trump’s total disregard for the rule of law and the like-minded thugs supporting him, I am scared for her.

No comments: