Tuesday, June 7, 2022

Half a lifetime in one town!

When I was younger, I used to move around a lot, not just in my native province of Savoy, France, but all over the planet. 

Predictably, that fidgeting around has slowed down quite a bit since I’m not as young as I used to be, and I’ve lived now for more than 45 years in America, which is over 60% of my entire lifetime. This year, I can also claim that I have lived for half of my existence in Park City, Utah. 

Sure, we’ve lived in four or five different places in that town, but we’ve stuck to the same sunny and panoramic neighborhood. So when I look back, I still have spent 26 years in my Alpine hometown, 8 around New York, one very long one around the Riviera during my military service, one in a mixture of places around the planet and a last one in Nevers, smack in the middle of France. 

So that now makes more American than French, and more Parkite than anything else, so I guess I’ve passed any tipping point. 

Of course, will we stay here until we die? Probably, unless the American electoral remains so dumb that it elects a Trump or similar dictator, then we might seek political asylum in nearby Canada, but I hope it won’t come to that!

No comments: