Saturday, June 25, 2022

Inside the head of Trump supporters

Sometimes I wonder what happens inside the head of Trump supporters. It must be as barren as a desert with very little exciting going on there. At the minimum gullibility, at the extreme primeval anger. 

This time tough, I’d like to focus on Republican members of congress that have, and still are supporting Trump, and that in the context of the January 6 hearing for which I watched the fifth installment yesterday. From these politicians 

I'd ask one simple question: “Now, that you’ve learned enough about Trump’s criminal intent, are you ready to take a stand against him and what he represents?” 

Then I'd continue by probing them further: “If you are, it’s good to realize that you’re finally seeing the light and that you were idiots, hypocrites or a combination of the two, which is your perfect right as citizens.” 

I'd conclude by saying: “If you are still supportive of Trump’s Big Lie after you should also be guilty by association, isn’t that right?” This is my communication to them.

No comments: