Wednesday, June 8, 2022

The government economists and me

To me, economic issues are common sens matters. This is why I have been up in arms ever since Covid-19 came and created havoc on our society. The US government printed money to soften the blow and a lot, no, far too much of it. 

I even had a friend that boasted to me that he gave his $1,400 Covid check to support Trump’s reelection. Needless to say that I haven’t talked to that “friend” ever since! 

Then Jeremy Powell told us repeatedly during 2021 that there was absolutely no risk for inflation. Was he just lying or being a natural imbecile? I’m afraid, he was the latter. Sure he’s not the only one “key economist” having even less clue than me about what causes inflation. 

The Biden Administration doesn’t even think that “the main reason we have inflation” or doesn’t forget to tell the Americans about it, because of all the money-supply measures that were liberally taken during the pandemic to keep an economic collapse at bay. Not really just Ukraine! 

We “borrowed” to ourselves to death in order to keep the economic consequences of Covid-19 at bay, and today we’re presented a huge bill to pay under the form of inflation. As is often the case, that sneaky economic consequence will hurt the poor much more than the rich.

That’s that simple and that could be called Economic 101. Powell and Yellen should go back to school!

No comments: