Sunday, July 17, 2022

Going south to ski?

I mean snow, not water=skiing, of course! 

This weekend is a hot one in Park City as well as in the Alps, so we could all use more cool, winter air. Since I was teaching skiing at Mt. Buller, in Australia, just fifty years ago, I took a quick glance at was going on there yesterday and got scared by how crowded Bourke Street, its main run, was.

This is what a high-speed quad plus a six pack chair will do with too much capacity, create mayhem on what was already crowded when we only had one double-fixed-grip chair and two Pomas running in 1972! 

That when I thought I should check what was going on in South America to find a more suitable alternative. I landed at Cerro Catedral, near San Carlo de Bariloche in Argentina and was nicely surprised by its thin crowds.

Sure, that was during lunch hour, but I’ll put that one on my bucket list for one of these next summers!

No comments: