Saturday, April 29, 2023

What will I do when skiing is over?

On May 1st, Park City Mountain shuts down and I will have skied so much that I won’t drive 45 minutes each way to nearby Snowbird to add to my bloated vertical. 

So, it’s not unusual to hear friends and neighbors asking me: “What are you going to do, now that winter is over?” This question can be translated into “The poor guy, it’s gonna be a long wait for him till snow comes again, if it ever will…” 

Of course, not one to be taken aback, I have already a formulated a response ready for the asking; it goes like this: 

“This winter we played host to a herd of deer in our backyard and they’ve left us with many cubic feet of droppings, so priority number one will be to pick each deer pellet one by one with a teaspoon and pile them into a compost pile.

That precision work might take me until October, when it’s time to prep my skis. By the way, this is what we call ‘Après ski’ in France!” 

What about this for a complete and clean answer?

No comments: