Monday, May 5, 2008

Mike Beltracchi’s latest film

My friend Mike Betracchi from Vail sent us one of his latest movies and admonished every person he sent it to that, if we didn’t want “to quit our job and move to Aspen after watching it, we were not [real] skiers!” That statement sounded provocative enough for me to drop everything and wait patiently for the flick to download onto my computer. I must say that the film was technically very well done and that Mike has made some undeniable progress in his production technique. The sound track however could be improved and made a bit more contemporary, but both dialogs and editing were good. The next step for all of us is to get Mike a compelling script so he can jump into producing a full-length feature, perhaps one about the disappearing ski-bum, or something along these lines. Now, after seeing this video will I quit my daily job? No, because I don’t have one. Will I move to Aspen? Not at all, because I couldn’t afford it and I happen to live in Park City, a pretty good place that hasn’t much to envy to Colorado when it comes to snow and terrain!

1 comment:

frittertech said...

I concur with JF's comments on the music...and great job , Mike on capturing what was 1 of over 40 similar days in Aspen/Snowmass this year! Of course being a part of the JF fan club also means that I don't make as many turns as Mike's clients...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXGEaAUFMZk

The other difference being...this has morphed into my day job...I got paid to make these videos....

-Eric "Edawg" Fullerton

Still having withdrawls from one of my bests seasons EVER....