Saturday, May 31, 2008

To ski or not to ski?

That was precisely yesterday’s question, as I could have hit the slopes, but I wasn’t really motivated to drive almost one hour to Snowbird for two or three hours of spring skiing. In spite of cool and beautiful conditions, I procrastinated, went running at 8 am and after a leisurely breakfast, decided that I was done for the season. Peruvian express was no longer running and I didn’t want to have to ride the tram or stay on Little Cloud. All told, I had my Snowbird “fix” for the year. If May 16 stands as my last day, I will have skied 86 times and racked up more than 1.5 million vertical feet for the season; an absolute record since I’ve lived in Park City… Not to be outdone, at 4 pm this afternoon, I got my mountain bike out of the shed and went for my first ride of the year up in Round Valley. If the Shakespearian question was about skiing, mountain biking was the answer!

No comments: