Monday, May 19, 2008

We’ll get back to you…

…or not! Last July, I wrote a letter to my hometown’s city hall, in Montriond, France regarding a plot of land that I wanted to sell to the municipality. Having received no response over a ten-month period of time, I picked up the phone a few days ago and asked what had happened to my correspondence. The administrative assistant who took my call said that my letter had indeed been received, was submitted to the City Council, but that no decision had been made and no action had been taken since everyone was waiting for the opinion of some higher-up in the French administration. Wouldn’t it have great to have been informed of that delay and had known that the request had not fallen into some medieval dungeon? You bet, but too many times no one follows up and things fall through the cracks. Roger Lanvers, the former mayor probably forgot to get back to me, but I’m now hopeful that Georges Lagrange, his successor, will do a much better job in following up. Nothing beats hope, right?

No comments: