Friday, June 27, 2008

If it’s built, will they come?

My high school was no an ordinary one; it was indeed quite special to those of us who attended it. First, it was a boarding school and second it was highly technical in its orientation as it taught watch-making and related micro-mechanical technologies. At any rate, we’re a group of students who have kept close ties, have reunions now and then and now that most of us are retired, or are about to be, we’ve got plenty of time to reminisce. This led to the idea of creating an interactive platform where we could all share thoughts, memories, current events and, of course, pictures. I suggested a blog and two nights ago I just started to build one. Now that the tool is built, will they all come and actively participate? My wife is a bit skeptical and I - as always - remain very, very hopeful and as of this writing two (out of ten invited) signed up…

No comments: