Thursday, June 26, 2008

Stinky Mini

On Tuesday, as I started to work on our micro vegetable garden, I decided that I needed to buy some horse manure to make sure whatever we’d plant would grow like crazy ; we need all the help we can get, it’s almost July and we haven’t started yet ! I offered to take my station wagon to carry that precious cargo, but my wife insisted that we take her Mini Cooper instead; it uses less gasoline and besides, when its rear seats are lowered, you’d be amazed at how much stuff that little car holds! Well, here we were loading sacks of steer manure into her tiny car and as soon as we got inside and drove back home, a pungent smell almost poisoned us in the confined interior space. That showed how disconnected we’ve become with nature to the point that we had forgotten that manure, no matter how well packaged, still smells like it!

No comments: