Thursday, June 12, 2008

So much in common…

Last night we met Paulette and Jean Barbier in the seaside resort of La Grande Motte, France for dinner. They were traveling south towards Perpignan near the Spanish border, and us pushing north towards Provence. We hadn’t seen each other for so long and yet have so much in common; consider this: Jean and Evelyne, my spouse, were both born and raised in Nancy, at the same time Paulette and I hail from Savoie. Jean and I served in the French Air Force in Corsica; while we both were certified ski instructors in France, we also taught skiing for several seasons in Australia, and then met for the first time when we worked together at Look ski bindings. To top it all, we also managed to join forces with Lange boots. After having raised two kids each, our two households are today retired and enjoy that new lifestyle to its fullest. There would be many more things I could add, but I’ll keep it short. Now, if that’s not a collection of uncanny points in common, please tell me what is!

No comments: