Saturday, June 28, 2008

Staying focused on the big picture

It’s hard with all the temptations, the distractions, the hear-say and the rest to remain on a steady course towards a chosen destination… Being a bit removed from the low ground and looking onward, towards the goal, is always difficult when the noise is incessant, the fear mongers are getting agitated just by your side and that there’s not much or no one to remind you about the broader view. When these situations happen, I always try to stay stoic; I literally bite my tongue, close my lips and I muster all the energy I have to remind me that the background noise will fade, the gesturing will calm down and that tomorrow and the day after will get me a bit closer to what I want, in spite of the visible lightning strikes and the dark, low cloud cover…

No comments: