Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Election fatigue

I'm glad the election is over and in a sense, that the Republicans have reclaimed the House. That will put them in the driver's seat, with hopefully this time a “thinking hat” and the great ideas that should come with it.
President Obama will also have this time to spectacularly re-invent himself and come up with some directions that are both useful and doable. I'm thinking specifically about a tax code reform hinging on the debate about extending Bush tax cuts. There are also the energy and immigration policies that need some serious work, so our President shouldn't have to worry about staying idle, especially if he likes Washington and would want to see his contract renewed in two years.

What's clear in that election saga is that the American electorate has very little patience and that whoever is in charge should pull herds of rabbits out the hat in record time. One year is acceptable, forget about four! As for me, I'll continue do do my tiny, citizen's share of the work and don't even worry about the extra taxes that might befall me. Of the two certainties in life, one's enough to stress about...

No comments: