Sunday, November 7, 2010

These ups and downs that mark our lives

It's now new for me. Even when I had a job and did cost a lot of money to my employer, I had days where I didn't produce much if anything at all. The creative or productive juice, whatever you might want to call it, wasn't flowing. I usually ended up the day with nothing to show for it and not only that, I also felt depressed and profoundly exhausted. I didn't like it, but it happened quite frequently. On the other side of the spectrum there were these highly productive days, often just before a deadline, a professional show or an all-important presentation. Adrenaline was gushing, creativity seemed unstoppable and fatigue was totally nonexistent...

These opposite situations are an illustration of the cyclical nature of our lives. We can't all the time be efficient, creative and enthusiastic.
There should be plenty of room for the ups, the downs and the in-between. We need to come to term with that reality and learn to cherish and appreciate the abyss of the downs as much as we savor the highs from success. One of them never fails to precede the other...

No comments: