Friday, November 12, 2010

Inspire me!

Different situations, feelings and people inspire us in various ways. When I used to travel a lot, I got my most cherished thoughts each time I peeked through the window and saw drifting icebergs on the ocean or a sunrise over some continent. However, most of my guidance and desire to look for something greater than me has come from people. Certain friends I was looking up to, some sport champions and even a few rock stars. To go through the drudgery of life, we need a daily and healthy dose of inspiration like we need food, oxygen and water.

Recently, the person that has caused me to be incredibly uplifted is my friend François Feuz. Each time I chat with him he gives me much more than I'm able to provide him in terms of encouragement, it's beyond mind over matter, it's a stream of positive resolve; things can only get better. He's is right, it's just the rest of us who get cynical, distracted and who are reverting back to a negative thought process. A few days ago, I received an extraordinary series of photos of François on a golf course, rediscovering the feeling of holding an iron in his hands, only a few months after his accident. The caption under the photos simply said: “Why not? In life you always need to have a steadfast belief...” He is so right.

No comments: