Friday, November 5, 2010

The fine line between optimism and pragmatism

Optimism is a very important state of mind that in my opinion makes the world go round. It also bring a host of bad surprises as this positive state of mind tends to hide all roadblocks, unforeseen problems and negative scenarios that never fail to pop up as most plans unfold.

That's right, every time we set to build a project that is fueled with genuine enthusiasm, obstacles of all kinds have a knack to show up and chip away at what we're about to create. This is why I always temper my optimistic outlook with a good dose of practicality and never fail to keep in mind a “worst-case scenario.” I also set its dimensions low enough so I always end up finishing above its most dismal levels. This way, I never get depressed, my goal is met and my steadfast optimism remains validated....

No comments: