Sunday, April 17, 2011

Skiin' in the rain

Deer Valley Resort closed last weekend, today was Canyons and Park City's turn. We decided to ski Park City as we were invited to an end of season party there, around lunch. The bad news was that when we left home at about 9:45 am, it was pouring rain and kept on drizzling and dumping wet snow the whole time we were there. The snow was dreadful and while I never miss an opportunity to laud Utah's unparalleled snow quality I didn't have to do it today. It was simply “spring bad;” period.

My only pleasure was to reminisce Fred Astaire and mentally place him on a pair of skis and picturing him stuck in place while trying his fancy foot work; that was about a realistic rendition of the whole situation. While Evelyne made a stop at the lodge, I escaped to Jupiter to video-tape my favorite run there, Portuguese Gap. We then returned home, got some dry clothes and went to the party at the base of the resort.

The sun had then came back and when we returned home, I managed to pick our first dandelion salad of the year, right in our backyard. Closing ski day was indeed filled with unique events!

No comments: