Sunday, April 3, 2011

Where else would I live?

Great question asked by my spouse last night as we were talking about anything and nothing. I absorbed her question, pondered for a short while and said: “Somewhere inside British Columbia; in a ski town of course...” So here I am, stuck with ski town living until I died. I was surprising myself by not uttering “San Diego” or something along these lines. Perhaps the recent earthquake in Japan is making me thinking twice about coastal living on the Pacific Ocean, but I was equally surprised that my reflex response wouldn't be “The French Alps or Corsica.” 
Well I guess I'm done with the old continent and the cultural adjustment required with moving back would be too much to ask and might end up killing me. So what would I miss if I were to move North to B.C.? The dryer climate and the supernatural convenience of having Salt Lake City, its merchants, its airport and its amenities only 35 minutes away. Well, all that dreaming might be in vain; for the time being, I'm stuck in Utah!

No comments: