Friday, May 6, 2011

A frustrating but worthwhile search...

Let's make that story short and sweet. Back in the late 80's, I purchased a Black & Decker air station to inflate my bike and car tires. Up until a few years ago, it worked very well until the nozzle broke. I was lucky to find a replacement one that worked okay and then this Tuesday, as I was putting my snow-blower away for the season, I thought of re-inflating its tires that appeared to be a bit flat. I then realized that the same nozzle was bad, again.

I immediately looked everywhere on the net to find a replacement to absolutely no avail, went to tire and hardware stores and could only find a retrofit part that work only for the car Schrader valves, but not the Presto's that we have on our mountain bikes. I was distraught and ready to go crazy (you see, I don't need much,) until I switched my approach, looked into bike tires suppliers and after another exhaustive search, found that brand new “AnyValve Head” by Blackburn that should work on both types of vales and besides carries a lifetime warranty. My obsessive determination paid off and I can't wait to receive the new nozzle and put it to the test...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i have the same pump with the same problem. i bot a replacement hose, but it's very short and not a great substitute. did the blackburn head work with this unit? how does it attach to the tubing? thanks drothman@optonline.net