Sunday, May 29, 2011

Lucky me!

I've always thought that luck – or lack thereof – played a huge role, albeit seldom acknowledged when the outcome is positive – on someone's life. I'm talking of luck in general and as it pertains to someone's overall life, career, happiness, etc. Today, I would like to thank Lady Luck, or whoever is in charge in high circles, for having been particularly good to me when it comes to accidents and their consequences.

Ever since I was a toddler I was confronted more than seven times to potentially deadly misfortunes, of which I mostly escaped unscathed. While I won't get into the details of each of these incidents, I consider myself enormously lucky, a breed apart, as if a God or some Guardian Angel were working full-time, watching out for me. It is said that cats have seven lives, which suggests an awful lots of lucky breaks for just one single pet, so I've begin to believe that I somehow used up that “feline limited guarantee.”

While comforting til these seven lucky breaks are not exhausted, I am now starting to be concerned and don't look forward to number eight. This means that I better slow down a bit, smell the roses more, and do all the safe, good things, a wise and prudent old man would do if he wishes to grow even older. That sounds like an appropriate program to me and this is what I will endeavor doing from now on!

No comments: