Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Meanwhile, south of Karachi...

This is the confession of a young, female shark, roaming the warm waters of the Arabian Sea: “Since my youngest days, my mother always told me to look for American warships, particularly around each weekend. I have followed her advice and the fare has always exceeded my expectations. That was until last Sunday when I saw the crew on deck ready to dump the kitchen garbage; they said something like 'Omaha' and I immediately thought it was that great piece of steak, my favorite, in fact.

They dropped that big parcel and boy, was I ready for it! Without wasting a second, I pounced and hit something that wasn't tender, tasted old and stunk. I was so disappointed. I'm not going to patronize the American Navy any time soon; instead, I'll turn to the Russian fleet or even the Indian or the Chinese's...”

No comments: