Friday, July 13, 2012

Sports marketing that works!

This is the time of year when I enjoy watching sport on TV. I'm talking about the Tour de France and the reason I enjoy it so much is simply because it showcases France in a wonderful, picturesque manner.

From the motorbikes to the chopper, the filming is exquisite and makes me want to fly to France and visit all the sights that are roll in front of our eyes for hours on end. I wish skiing would be as smart as cycling and use its wonderful, inspiring venues to sell them to the public and get masses interested into winter sports.

Yet, they don't do that and won't do it because a bunch of retards are running FIS (international ski federation) and still believe that showing a racer hitting a slalom gate says everything.

There is plenty of room though for showing the sporting event and at the same time showcasing the mountain resort hosting it. Will the ski industry ever learn?

No comments: